Sunday, January 18, 2009

Who to Root For Today


Well, it's that time of year again, another AFC Championship game, and another year of the Brownies not being in the game, yet alone the playoffs.  Whom will I root for today you might ask?  Well more than likely no one is reading this so no one is asking the question.  But, if you do read this, I am torn, because both teams hail from the AFC Central, and both are mortal enemies to the Dawgs.

I usually try to strive above the typical the typical dilemmas that ones that have season tickets in the Dawg Pound might ask, if you're not from Cleveland the average IQ of said section might top out at 80.  

Why Baltimore?

One name is a simple answer for me, Ozzie Newsome.  He will forever be my favorite Brown, I met him, he was cool, and I, just like the Oz, respect loyalty.  Most Clevelanders thing the Wizard of Oz stabbed the city, but all I have to say is HATE THE GAME, NOT THE PLAYER.

Why Pittsburgh?

I still appreciate the Rooney family for voting against the Browns move.  Also, I'm again one of the few that likes the Rooney Rule.  In High School when their was no team in Cleveland, Pittsburg became the defacto closest team to Cleveland.  My friends, the Noe boys, were Stillers fans.  My roommate my Freshman year at BG was from Pittsburgh and Paul and Sarah taught me the finer points of Steelers history, Donny Irris, Myron Cope, and the reason behind the towel. In 2009 my buddy Sudhir is a fan as well.

Who gets my vote, as you can see I'm torn, loyalty to Cleveland, Ozzie Newsome, my friends, but in the end I have to choose the unfortunate classiest franchise in football, the evil, evil, horrible Steelers.  I'm going out on a limb with many in Cleveland, but hey forgetaboutit.

No comments:

Post a Comment